AS PER CISPR 16-1-4 & IEC 61000-4-3 STANDARDS.
- EMC anechoic test chambers are normally shielded faraday cages with anechoic (anti-echo) lining so as to prevent reflections.
- Anechoic linings inhibit the internal reflects so that only the direct equipment emissions (for emissions test) and transmitting antenna (for immunity) are measures without internal chamber reflection distortion.
THERE ARE TWO MAIN ISSUES IN EMC:
- Electromagnetic Emission (EME),
- Electromagnetic Immunity (EMI),
EME is related to the unwanted generation of EM energy by some sources whereas
EMI refers to the correct operation of electrical equipment in the presence of unwanted EM environments.
FEATURES OF EMI/EMC CHAMBER
- Shielded from outside environment.
- Internally lined with RF absorbing materials.
- Capable of testing small or large systems.
- Cell phones, routers, wireless devices
- Vehicular-mounted systems
- Rack-mounted systems